We will begin with a brief welcome, to then, submerge ourselves in a firehose of brief five-minute presentations of all papers. You are kindly asked to accompany your presentations with a visual representation (sketch, diagram, concept model, photo, screenshot) of your core idea, which we will post and cluster on a large shared wallpaper visible throughout the whole workshop. This will be concluded by presentations of the industry experts and a brief exercize identifying emergent themes in the presentations.
The second part will consist of a “world café” organized around tables with posters for the identified emerging themes (more on the method can be found here). We will circulate in time-boxed rounds among tables each designated to one issue, noting our discussion results on the posters, with members of the organizing team acting as permanent table hosts. In a longer final round, everyone is invited to join the issue table they are most interested in or break out into new groups to elaborate on the issues they deem most important. Table hosts and/or breakout group speakers will then present the results to the general plenum.
The third and final part will be a plenary discussion on general observations, future work and plans for follow-up activities, and a quick wrap-up before we’re all off to dinner. During the whole workshop and especially during breaks, participants are encouraged to write down new observations, questions, references or ideas on the wallpapers and posters. These will be captured for documentation.
Place: Vancouver Convention Centre, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3, Canada, http://j.mp/gesuYc
- 8.45-9.00 Entry
- 9.00-9.20 Introduction by organizig team
- 9.20-10.20 Paper presentations
- 10.20-10.35 Coffee Break
- 10.35-11.35 Paper presentations II
- 11.35-11.45 Presentation by Rajat Paharia, Bunchball
- 11.45-12.15 discussion of emergent issues
- 12.15-13.15 Lunch
- 13.15-15.30 World Café w/ one break
- 15.30-15.45 Coffee break
- 15.45-17.30 Presentation of World Café results and general discussion, w/ 15 minute break
- 17.30-17.45 Wrap-up
- 19.30 Dinner at Cardero’s Restaurant, 1583 Coal Harbour Quay, Vancouver, BC V6G 3E7, Canada, http://j.mp/fhcKD7